Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Seppytember

I am sick.  I have been working on this cold thingy for a week and was hoping to have perfected it and moved on by now.  bleh :-(  !  Oh well.  I thought I should update the blog as September is coming to a close.

I feel September just flew by.... seems like I have been busy, but can't remember much of what I did.
 Vince got to go to Baltimore with my Dad and brother, Steve.  They saw and experienced the Formula 1 race.  I didn't realize it at the time, but it was an historical event. First time for Baltimore to have the race.They had a great time and Vince got to see so many cars!

  It also caused me to reflect on our trip there long ago.  Vince and I had a belated honeymoon there  26years ago.  We went in the USS Constellation from Revolutionary times, and it was tiny; we had to crouch through the doorways! The Inner Harbor was pretty new then, and really nice.  We took a night sail on a Sloop and it was really quite romantic.

We had a baby shower for a friend and  helped move the family from apt to house, the week of their new baby's arrival.  It was awesome to see these young Christians, calling on God in praise and prayer to keep their house and family secure in Him!

Attended a wedding that was a lot of fun and got to whoop it up with some celebratory dancing!  My Mich is a great dance partner-Vince is choosy about songs, but still my number one partner.
 May 1985



Elizabeth's belly is growing, and Luke is off to EMV- where they role play and learn about their duties to come in Afghanistan.  40 days away from home, and then about 3 weeks and off he goes.  I think he will miss the birth of his daughter.  Breaks my heart, but also helps me to realize just how much our military sacrifices.  Praying that God will bring them closer to Him during this time.  Praying for a safe return of all of them that deploy. I hope you will join with me in that prayer.

So, in closing- I would like to leave with 1 of the verses I went over with the toddlers this month.

Revelation 21:4-5



New King James Version (NKJV)

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[a] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”



No comments: