Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Timely Meditations

Last time I tried to post it didn't come out right.  I wanted to remind myself to remember who is in control.  I wanted to renew my mind with Scripture and it wouldn't post correctly.


Psalm 30:4
The Message (MSG)


 4-5 All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God!
      Thank him to his face!
   He gets angry once in a while, but across
      a lifetime there is only love.
   The nights of crying your eyes out
      give way to days of laughter.

Psalm 97:12
The Message (MSG)


 12 So, God's people, shout praise to God,
   Give thanks to our Holy God!






I wanted to remember to be thankful in ALL circumstances.  God is Good ALL the time, and ALL the time He is Good....just something that has sustained me through trials over the years.

I am so very thankful to Him, because all the things that we encounter that make no sense to us- they disappoint, hurt and confuse us- He knows.  He cares. He Loves.

I am seeking the Lord this morning especially as Luke sets off this week for his deployment and Elizabeth will be giving birth to their first child soon after.  
But I know that although this is not the way they planned it-God did.  For we are born and we die on the days He ordains them.  So, we will continue to trust and follow the One who is the Truth and the Way.

Looking forward to the days of laughter!








No comments: