Monday, January 23, 2012

OH MY!

I have been thinking that it is time for a new post, a few weeks have passed and lots of pondering....
But today-I am not sure which direction to go in.
Yesterday was Sanctity of Life Sunday.  All life is precious, and just how ridiculous and convoluted our thinking and reasoning has become.  It is okay to kill a baby in the womb-for(actual or possible) birth defects,gender and inconvenience.  BUT it is MURDER to kill a wanted fetus (BABY)-WHAT????

Then there is my darling grandbaby, who learned how to smile last week- and I couldn't go and play with her this weekend, cause of the irresponsibility of a boss who doesn't manage money well...booo



Then there is multiple Scripture readings I have been doing, for the congregation-OT (Genesis) , for Sunday School,  names of Jehovah, for Women's Ministry,  I have been blessed!

So, occasionally I read this very Liberal Christian blogger; their self-named label.  Boy, did my mind get boggled.  I just don't understand it.  This blogger has some beefs about the Church.  Okay, I get that. There are some very big issues and hypocrisy there.  Today's post was about a previous post they had made.  It was made to provoke or prod.  I don't believe there was any exhortation in this at all.



- what do you think?

Hate?  Hippie?

No, Jesus wasn't political at all.
  The blogger continued to blast apologetics and didn't agree with the discipline as a whole.  That there is no vocab to explain God, that it is arrogant to think we can, and that a God that needs defending isn't one they are interested in.
Blogger thinks that we are to follow:



Matthew 25:35-36
New International Version (NIV)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

"But, if you’re out there feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and all that other stuff, people just might think you know what the hell you’re doing and start helping you fix this broken, f*** up world. Which is really the point of the whole thing." (But Not Yet)




I thought it had to do with the fact that SIN has entered in and we as sinners will do anything and everything to kick against God's way?


  Romans 8:5-8 NIV
 5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.









Spirit,
Please place a hunger in people to Know the Truth!  Turn hearts toward our One and Only Redeemer, Jesus Christ! 
Amen.

Any thoughts or comments?  I would love to hear how some of you react to the image or the blogger's reasoning or mine ! :-)

No comments: