Monday, September 10, 2012

August

August...in "a gust of wind" has passed by so quickly!  We ended up staying home more, for financial reasons, extreme heat, and others.  Michelle completed her English III course, and  enter this year as a Senior!!  That means all kinds of things that we should have been more careful in planning, now have to be done in a few months!  Testing, resume building, scholarship applications, college apps and visiting!

It was good to have summer break, but I think we were all ready to get back into a routine.

Where things might seem insurmountable, or uncertain  I know that God isn't and that keeps me going.  Persevering on even in some times that I really don't want to go through.  I feel like a toddler sometimes. I see them resisting, sitting down, squishing their faces  up or crying and I realize that is me.  I don't like trials.  But it is part of life, and I am to use my time wisely.  I need to stop looking at me and keep my focus always turned upward to the One who loves me, cares for me, chastises me, nurtures me, holds me.  So, here I go...not necessarily as enthusiastically as Steven Curtis Chapman..he was diving in...I think I am taking the steps.  God is Good ALL the time and ALL the time God is Good! We don't mind having some prayers on our behalf! Please pray for God to be Glorified in our lives.
A few comforting passages from the Bible I have been meditating on:
Ps 143,Isaiah 43, Jeremiah 31:3, Romans 8:18-21
 Scarlett 8 months,sitting and slobbering-Completely adorable!
 21st Birthday meal at  the Aviator-but she didn't get a side of beer.

Hard working Michelle!

No comments: